GR. 9-12 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING DAY
I hope you are enjoying your summer and are looking forward to start up! I would like to take this opportunity to share with you some information about school start up for grade 9 – 12 students.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th:
The first day of school, Tuesday September 5th, will be a short day. The schedule for grade 9 – 12 students that day will be from 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Students report to their Block A Class (Class lists will be posted at the main entrance), where they will receive their course schedule & lockers. Please note, as there is no school bus service available for this 12:30 start, students are welcome to use the school bus that will arrive at 8:30 am if they choose. We were able to arrange afternoon busing for this 2:00 pm dismissal.
- The following school fees apply and can now be paid on the SD 42 Parent Portal:
- Student fee $28.00 (MANDATORY)
- There is a FREE GSS Planner APP available for download
- Yearbook $50.00 (OPTIONAL)
- Lock purchase $6.00 each (OPTIONAL – 2 recommended – one for gym locker)
- Supplies for each course will be outlined by subject teachers. All students require binders, paper, pens, pencils and gym strip for the first week of school.
Lockers will be distributed on Tuesday, September 5th. Students will NOT receive a locker until their 2017 – 2018 Student Fees are paid, and all previous invoices are resolved.
A few exciting opportunities for parents to connect with the school are offered during the first few weeks of school.
- Wednesday, September 13th – IB Welcome BBQ at 6pm
- Wednesday, September 13th – Our first PAC meeting of the year will in the library at 6pm. This is a great opportunity for parents to work with the school as we move toward the future.
- Thursday, September 14th – School Photos & Music Parent Meeting at 7pm
- Monday, September 18th – Dry Grad Parent Meeting at 7pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Thursday, Sept. 21 – Student Gov’t retreat
- Monday, September 25th – Non-instructional day
- Friday, September 29th – Music Student & Families Welcome BBQ at 5:30
Welcome back Rebels!!